Monday, July 28, 2014

Pioneer Days

 
Greetings from Planet Relaxation! Have you been there? If not you totally should. Yes, it's been a while. But we all know breaks are totally necessary.

So let me be honest here. The 24th Celebration weekend (Pioneer Days) was marked on the calendar as soon as I was able. Yes, it was highlighted over and over and even had little doodles around it. I mean, this celebration is what I LIVE FOR.

J and I were able to spend some time in Mesa, and then head up on Friday to Snowflake. I was giddy as can be. This celebration allowed the memories to flow, of how it used to be. When I was a little girl and this holiday was just as exciting as Christmas...

I grew up with Snowflake wind in my lungs. Riding horses was something you learned at an early age. The junk yard was a gold mine for fort building equipment. Stink bombs were an ant colony's worst nightmare. SoBe bombs brought all the cousins together. You were so "mature" after given spending money for the night rodeo. And if you look closely at my socks, they have that redish tint of that infamous sand from playing in the cedars. This little town has always been a part of me and forever will be.



Pictures a great... but there's something about video that makes it THAT more REAL.

I should have it done in a few days... So in the mean time here are some pictures to temporarily satisfy your "Snowflake Adventures" craving.




Last day with Cooper


Gibbons Gals lunch date







Brynn was able to be baptized in their pool outside



Dinner at El Cupidos


It poured at the rodeo...we totally kissed.


xoxo
Madds

2 comments:

  1. I just want you to know, that I think you're adorable. And I'm jealous of your roots in Snowflake. It looks like heaven on earth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well know the feeling is mutual, 'cause I think the world of you! I just love your love, and your cute blog!

    ReplyDelete