Sunday, October 19, 2014

Gettin' All Woodsy

We made it happen this week. Jerret's greatest wish of us going camping. The wish I've been purposefully procrastinating...

Don't get me wrong. I really do enjoy the outdoors and getting away from the world, but through time I've developed this clip in my head of me getting attacked by wild animals.

Says the wife of the most outdoorsy man that ever lived.

HA.

We went anyway.

Yeah, I didn't get a wink of sleep, but I sure had a great time!


As we set up camp I noticed my arms were gone. Just kidding, but they were covered in mosquitoes! So I bolted to the car and begged Jerret every two seconds, to take me into town to get some repellent. He was a saint and totally did so.

Bug spray... check.

We decided to put some on in the parking lot. I basically showered in it and got so many stares. The smell was overpowering and basically human repellent too.

We got back and fished, threw the frisbee around and took a walk together just as the sun was setting. 

While gathered around the fire, we munched on popcorn and candy, chatted with some ward friends and listened to Bishops devotional.

Like I said earlier, I didn't sleep. What a great thing because I listened to Conference Talks all night.
Lucky Jerret! He was probably inspired ALL NIGHT LONG!

We woke up, ate some breakfast, packed up camp and were off to go shooting.

Jerret shot and prepped for his hunt this year, while I shot some targets.


Really, the "sweets" outweighed the "sours". I conquered my fear, came back with minimal bug bites and didn't gain 5 pounds from my candy intake.

How was your weekend?








2 comments:

  1. Interesting and fun, congratulations "Miss Wild Life", you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so beautiful where you went fishing!! And I'm glad you got some mosquito spray! What a fun weekend. You two are adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete