Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Halloween Hoopla

Halloween is approaching... and I'm not the biggest fan, for the following reasons:

1. I hate all things haunted/gory/bleh.
2. Costumes are stressful.
3. Who wants to hear endless ringing of their doorbell?!
4. Parents with 6 month old babies come to the door with bags open, begging for extra candy, "it's for the baby." Seriously?!
5. It's the perfect opportunity for someone to scare me...

Although there are some perks to this Halloween hoopla:

1. Candy
2. Ward Chili Party
3. Pumpkin Pickin'
4. It's that much closer to Thanksgiving and Christmas!


Jerret and I went to go pick pumpkins and each found the perfect one. We went home to carve and decorate all while watching The Voice {we're totally Team Blake}.

Jerret is the master at carving and showed me the ropes. He chose to do a cyclops. It TOTALLY is Mike Wazowski from Monsters Inc. we're just lacking the green!

I went the very simple route, and carved some leaves. Knowing me it HAD to be gold with 
"welcome fall" written on the front.

We finally agreed on our couples costume, and I'm actually excited to see how it turns out!

Fingers crossed.







No comments:

Post a Comment