Monday, December 8, 2014

Facing My Weakness

I stumbled upon these words that made such an impression on me...
While reflecting on my life I realized my weakness of sharing the gospel.
I was reading Mark 6 verse 34
"And Jesus, when he came out, saw much people, and was moved with compassion toward them, because they were as sheep not having a shepherd: and he began to teach them many things."
 
I take for granted that I have and know my "shepherd".
Yet there are so many, as the sheep who are lost, without direction in their lives.
 
WE HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE THAT

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints IS MY PURPOSE.
How could I NOT bear witness that my Savior lives!
He died for me, you and EVERYONE.

Yes, it's terrifying at times to open our mouths and share the goodness of this gospel.
We have that desire to share, in us, but often STOP because of doubt
They might be offended
This is so embarrassing
They don't care anyway
 
STOP THAT!
 
Instead we should think of the JOY the gospel brings to us.
We should think of the JOY it brings to Him.
Also the JOY it could bring to others, if you'd just share your heart!
Because that's what this gospel is...
LOVE.

Have YOU shared love today?

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. Its always easy to make excuses but theres actually no place for making excuses in the church! This gave me a little missionary boost and i hope i can keep it going!

    ReplyDelete