Sunday, November 9, 2014

Life is a Picnic

This past weekend I suprised J with a picnic for two in our backyard. The weather was marvelous, love was in the air... so why not whip out one of my FAVORITE wedding gifts; our picnic basket! {a million thank you's to the Stradling's for that one!}

Of course it was set up perfectly in my head. Fresh flowers here, basket there all on top of a colorful blanket with birds serenading the two of us.

Nope. That didn't happen.

As I searched our closet with high hopes of finding a cute blanket, all that was found was Jerret's old grey bed comforter.

I totally spaced on the flowers. Fake one's it was.

The sandwiches were a little dry.

And after several attempts to perfect the scene, Scooter found it so amusing to run and crinkle the blanket while leaving a trail of dirt behind.
{NOW, it's absolutely hilarious looking back and picturing how silly I was at shooing him away and bribing him with turkey to go inside}.

Well, I tried my best, and it all got better once Jerret got home.

All of that stuff I was frazzled about DID NOT MATTER.

HE mattered, and we had a blast.

J was so appreciative of my attempt and made everything better.

Gosh, I scored BIG with Jerret.




Life is a picnic. Mosquitoes may come. There's always a chance of rain and the trail of ants just might beat you to your PB&J... but nothing beats laughing through it all with your sweetheart at your side.

Here's to a million more picnics, sweetheart!





 
 



2 comments:

  1. This is so cute and such a great message! You are the perfect wifey. :)

    ReplyDelete